Pet Emergency Treatment in Anchorage, AK seeks an experienced Hospital Administrator to join our practice!
Pet Emergency Treatment, Inc. provides 24-hour emergency care services to pets and their owners in the Anchorage bowl and Alaskan “bush” communities. Our highly skilled veterinarians and staff are dedicated to serving animals with exceptional emergency and referral care, providing compassion to the people who love them, and supporting the local veterinary community at any time of day or night. Being in Alaska we are often called upon to care for Alaska wildlife; serving the Sea Life Center, local zoo, NOAA and fish and wild life – we have a close working relationship with rescue organizations for both domestic and wild animals. PET is proudly accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association.
We are searching for a Hospital Administrator to join our busy and growing hospital. The Hospital Administrator is a leader and an integral member of the veterinary hospital management team. The Hospital Administrator partners with the Medical Director to provide a smooth and profitable operation by driving revenue and managing costs while creating a hospital culture based on high quality patient care and exceptional customer service. Responsibilities include managing, planning, and coordinating the overall operations of the hospital, and cultivating a supportive and collaborative team environment. Pet Emergency Treatment in Anchorage is a 24/7 hospital, offering emergency services for animals throughout Alaska.
Leadership and Planning
· Acts as a champion for change and identifies, documents, shares, and promotes best practices
· Participates in the planning and budget maintenance process
· Establishes goals for the practice and staff
· Creates the hospital schedule and manages labor costs to budget
· Oversees employee benefits program and hospital insurance plans
· Develops and implements hospital policy, including DEA/Controlled Substances and OSHA compliance
· Performs quality checks and reviews of client files
· Monitors computer systems and works with HelpDesk to resolve technical systems/equipment issues
· Partners with the Medical Director to address staffing needs including hiring, training, reviewing, and disciplining of staff
· Implements performance-based incentive and rewards and recognition programs
· Manages staff, including grooming and boarding staff if applicable
· Tracks and maintains current licensure for all DVMs
· Demonstrates and reinforces the highest level of client service
· Resolves client issues and escalations, and oversees client follow-up communication
· Drives client visits through strategic client communication and local marketing efforts (i.e. Community)
· Ensures payroll is accurately completed and submitted for all hospital staff
· Manages accounts receivable and cash on hand, including performing invoice audit reviews
· Manages hospital inventory and controls facility and administrative costs
· Performs other duties essential to the performance of the hospital as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related degree is preferred
· 3-5 years of experience in a manager role, including customer service experience
· Experience in a hospital setting in positions of increased responsibility is a plus
Knowledge and/or experience in the following areas:
· Multi-functional operations including budget and labor management
· Manage time and tasks appropriately and remain flexible with assigned duties
· Supervisory and leadership experience
· Reporting and data analysis
· Problem solving and resolution management skills
· Oral and written communication skills
· Basic computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office suite (Previous practice management software knowledge preferred)
· Interpersonal skills with staff and clients, and works well in a team environment
· Customer service strategies and effective marketing techniques
· HR policies and protocol development
· Staff management including: coaching, developing, and motivating staff
· Conduct performance appraisals
· Delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital team members
· Make decisions confidently and effectively
· Model a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional nights and weekends, to support the operational needs of a 24/7 hospital.
This position includes a fantastic benefits package, possible relocation and/or signing bonuses as well as a number of in-house perks! Compensation package pending experience.
Anchorage has been named one of the 10 best U.S. cities by Outside Magazine and is Alaska’s largest city with 41% of the state’s population. The city has a lot to offer from monthly art exhibits and concert series, excellent local restaurants and breweries, and all outdoor activities. Within city limits, you will be utterly surprised to find endless local running, cross-country skiing, biking, and hiking trails. There is local downhill skiing/snowboarding and Alyeska Resort only 45 min drive south to Girdwood. The Kenai Peninsula is only 150 miles south of Anchorage and offers excellent opportunities for fishing. We are 240 miles south of Denali National Park that provide an absolutely beautiful scenic drive with endless areas for camping and outdoor exploring.