It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Keystone Veterinary Emergency and Referral in Havertown, PA is seeking a full-time experienced Technician. We are offering a $1500 Sign On Bonus!!
CVT and/or Emergency and Critical Care experience preferred but not required. Other relevant work experience also considered. Anesthesia experience required.
We are a busy four-doctor eight-nurse small animal emergency and specialty practice that uses our technicians to the fullest of their capabilities. Located in Havertown, PA we offer flexible scheduling, competitive pay, medical benefits, paid time off, 401K benefits, and CE opportunities. Experienced candidates only. Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays. Local candidates preferred. Drug testing required.
Our mission: to provide exceptional quality, state-of-the-art, emergency medical and surgical care to our small animal patients and their owners. We strive to off the best care possible for our clients' furry family members!
Our practice: we are a multi-specialty ER hospital, located in Havertown, PA. We provide 24/7 Emergency Service to our community, in addition to specialty appointments in Surgery, Radiology, Cardiology, and Ophthalmology. Our state-of-the-art efficient and comfortable facility includes in-house laboratory, digital radiography, ultrasonography, and high-quality surgical equipment. Our amazing team of veterinary professionals bring the best possible healthcare to our patients and clients.
Veterinary Medical Care
· Assist veterinary staff by humanely restraining animals for treatment.
· Monitor the health of hospitalized patients and notify a veterinarian if symptoms may warrant attention.
· Perform and interpret basic diagnostic tests such as, but not limited to, ear cytologies, blood smears, etc.
· Induce and maintain anesthesia for a variety of emergency procedures, including, but not limited to, wound repairs, cystotomy, foreign body / abdominal explores, hemoabdomen / splenectomy, and so on.
· Prepare patients for surgery and assist in surgery.
· Knowledge of anesthetic drugs, interactions, dosages, etc.
· Knowledge and proficiency with CPR.
· Perform venipuncture, x-rays, laboratory tests, IV catheter placement.
· Perform ER drug and fluid calculations as ordered by the veterinary staff.
· Perform intramuscular and subcutaneous injections.
· Clean and pack surgical instruments.
· Administer medications to animals as directed by staff veterinarians; perform medication and fluid calculations as necessary.
· Operate an autoclave and ultrasonic cleaner.
· Follow veterinary care protocols for animals in the hospital.
· Comply with all laws pertaining to controlled substances.
· Understand standard veterinary terminology, procedures and animal health issues.
· Facilitate good working relationships through teamwork and collaboration.
· Obtain TPRs, patient history, create estimates, and/or assist veterinarian with discharge instructions as needed.
Administrative Duties and Customer Services
· Maintain and create patient records by accurately recording treatments, examinations and test results on computerized patient charts and other medical records
· Participate in regular staff meetings.
· Assist with keeping inventory and ordering supplies.
· Assist with unpacking shipments.
· Answer phones, triage client calls, and so on.
· Admit and release animals from the hospital in a responsive, courteous and tactful manner.
· Inform clients of any pertinent medical information on animal care.
· Communicates discharge instructions, estimates, and invoices with owner.
· Frequent bending, reaching, kneeling, climbing stairs, walking and, standing on feet up to 12 hours per day while performing job functions.
· Exposure to disinfectant solutions and radiation.
· Subject to animal bites and scratches while handling animals of questionable temperament.
· Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds with reasonable accommodations.
· Consistent exposure to animals and animal allergens under conditions with limited alternatives available.
· 401(k) matching
· Flexible schedule
· Health insurance
· Paid time off
· Professional development assistance (CE allowance)
· Annual scrub allowance
· Discounted procedures (between 50-75% off)
· Usually three 12-hour shifts; alternative schedules can also be considered
· Nights and weekends are a requirement
· Holidays are a requirement
· Certification or relevant work experience (at least 2-3 years required)
· High school or equivalent (required)
· College or graduate degree
· United States (required)
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Pathway exists to create opportunities for veterinarians and veterinary professionals. We are a full-service veterinary management company committed to providing our partner practices the benefits of structured management while maintaining their own identity and vision. By working together we provide a place for veterinarians to focus on medicine and secure their future.