Quail Corners Animal Hospital in Raleigh NC is seeking an experienced Medical Director to join our team!
Do you have the desire to lead a dynamic team of veterinary professionals whose goal is to provide the highest level medicine? Quail Corners Animal Hospital is a well-established, full-service, primary care and 24-hour emergency veterinary hospital providing comprehensive medical, surgical, and dental care for cats and dogs. The Quail Corners Animal Hospital team delivers an exceptional experience, whether for a wellness exam or an emergency procedure. With a strong focus on client education and the best use of technological advances in veterinary medicine and service, the team at Quail Corners provides consistent, thorough, and most of all, compassionate care to all pets entrusted to us.
If a leadership role isn’t your goal at this stage, we are also accepting applications for General Practice Associate DVMs-experienced and newer grads are encouraged to apply!
10 full time general practice and emergency veterinarians
Fully equipped surgical suite, with the option for minimally invasive surgery (laparoscopy)
Basic & advanced dentistry equipment including digital dental radiology
Digital radiology, ultrasound, and electrocardiography
Idexx in-house laboratory equipment as well as an abundance of reference labs available
Advanced pain management, including Summus therapeutic laser therapy
Alternative therapies, including acupuncture and dietary counseling
Strong local partnerships; Quail Corners serves as a 24 hour referral hospital for the surrounding veterinary community.
For more information about Quail Corners Animal Hospital, please visit our website at
The Medical Director/Managing DVM is responsible for providing medical leadership for the hospital, managing associate veterinarians and assuring regulatory compliance relating to the practice of veterinary medicine. The Medical Director/Managing DVM is also responsible for creating an environment of teamwork in which quality medicine is delivered.
In partnership with the Hospital Manager, the Medical Director/Managing DVM is responsible for the financial performance of the hospital, preparing operating and capital budgets, and meeting budget expectations. In addition, the Hospital Manager and Medical Director/Managing DVM are responsible for directing staff and the overall management of the practice, under the direction of NVA Divisional Leadership.
Advancing Medical Care
· Maintains and improves quality of medical and surgical procedures.
· Answers client questions and concerns regarding medical and surgical procedures.
· Oversight and direction of medical standards and quality of care.
· Establishment of medical protocols.
· Recommendation of hospital inventory.
· Assure current licensure of all DVMs.
· Documents the required hours of continuing education credits per calendar year and CE completion.
· Oversees transfer of medical cases from doctor to doctor.
· Diagnostic ultrasound experience preferred
Leading Staff and Practice
· Participates in the recruiting and interviewing process for DVMs, and when appropriate general staff members.
· Monitors DVM performance and production.
· Prepares DVM work schedules.
· Develops and monitors hospital-specific client compliance protocols and procedures.
· Participates in technician appraisal and counseling sessions by relaying appropriate information to the Hospital Manager.
· Partners with the Hospital Manager to make hiring and termination recommendations...
· Supports the Hospital Manager in the development and delivery of staff training programs.
· Creates a positive work environment and works with the Hospital Manager to resolve staff problems, concerns, and conflicts.
· In partnership with the Hospital Manager, develops a workplace conductive to high employee morale, ensuring positive working relationships between clients, doctors and staff.
· Minimizes waste and controls costs relating to medical supplies, surgical instruments, and drug inventories.
· In partnership with the Hospital Manager, is responsible for the financial performance of the hospital including revenue and hospital contribution growth, which includes managing all hospital expenses.
· With the hospital team and supported by the Divisional Leadership, prepares an annual planning matrix, operating budget and capital budget.
· Takes ownership for the revenue and success of the practice by monitoring key financial reports.
Growing the Practice
· Partners with the Hospital Manager to drive patient visits and community involvement.
· Capable of championing change and driving innovative programs in the hospital.
· Monitors client service, marketing, and NVA growth initiatives
· In partnership with the Hospital Manager, continually looks for ways to innovate operational practices that improve the growth of the practice.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
· A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university
· Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics
· The ability to delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital team members
· Capable of quality decision making
· The ability to coach, correct, develop, and motivate employees
· Demonstrates excellent time and task management
· Demonstrates professional and courteous presentation with staff and clients
About the Area
Raleigh is the capital city of North Carolina, and the second largest in the state, with almost 500K people calling it home. The Raleigh area is famous for its universities, including North Carolina State University, and is part of the well-known Research Triangle (named for the number of technology and scholarly institutions around Raleigh, Chapel Hill and Durham). Quail Corners is in the center of it all, just 15 minutes from Downtown Raleigh, and 20 miles from the heart of the Research Triangle, and a few hours to either the mountains or the beach. Between its family-friendly atmosphere, great quality of life and welcoming Southern community, it’s no wonder people are moving to Raleigh, NC. The region has even been named the best place to live in North Carolina—and the best big city in the Southeast.
Quail Corners Animal Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer