We are Looking for a Great Veterinarian to join our Team at Above & Beyond Pet Care Hospital!
Founded in 2004 and relocated to 8222 University Avenue in April 2019. We currently have two full-time doctors and 10 technicians, two of which are licensed veterinary technicians in the state of Texas and several others that are studying to obtain their license. We offer not only veterinary services but are also a day care and boarding facility.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients. We are offering generous bonuses, competitive wages, relocation assistance, and work-life balance.
· Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
· Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
· Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
· Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
· Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
· Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
· Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications * A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university. * Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed. * Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics. * Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills. * Works collaboratively with hospital team members. * Makes decisions confidently and effectively. * Manages time and tasks appropriately. * Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients. * Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Learn more:  Family Veterinary Care in Lubbock, TX | Above & Beyond Pet Care Hospital (aboveandbeyondpets.com)
NVA is a leading global veterinary community of more than 1,400 veterinary hospitals and pet resorts united in the love of animals and the people who love them. Our animal care ecosystem spans the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore. Rooted in a culture of compassion, innovation and collaboration, NVA champions each hospital's unique culture and provides the support and opportunities veterinary teams need to deliver exceptional care to pets and their families.