***$5000 Sign On Bonus*** Experienced Veterinary Practice Manager - Elko Veterinary Clinic
AmeriVet Partners Management, Inc.
Location: Elko, Nevada
Type: Full Time
Salary: $60,000 - $70,000
Do you love fast paced environments and working on a large team of veterinary professionals who strive to provide the best quality medical care? Then Elko Veterinary Clinic is the place for you! Located close to the Ruby Mountains, this high-volume mixed animal practice provides a location that is much to be desired by the outdoor enthusiast! Elko Veterinary Clinic sets itself apart with devoted and dedicated DVM's and staff that provide their expertise to their coveted community. We are looking for an experienced practice manager to join our team that can provide leadership, organization, attention to detail, and many other qualities. If this sounds like you, please submit your resume. We are eager to get to know you and what you can bring to Elko Veterinary Clinic!
Veterinary Practice Manager Objectives: The purpose of this position is to provide a variety of analytical, advisory, supervisory, and technical functions in support of Elko Veterinary Clinic. Areas of responsibility encompass veterinary practice administration, operational plans, training of staff, ordering and stocking supplies and equipment, funds and resource management, staffing, safety and security, and analysis of the past performance of the practice.
The fundamental responsibility of the veterinary practice manager is to effectively use all available resources to oversee staff, provide the best possible patient care, and to ensure the profitability of the practice.
Classification: This is an exempt position under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Reporting Structure: Managing Veterinarian and Operations Director
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 3 years of supervisory experience and college degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
We're looking for:
- Previous management experience - veterinary hospital experience is a PLUS!
- Certified Veterinary Practice Manager (CVPM) or we'll help get you there!
- Strong focus on assisting the practice in providing optimal medicine and top-quality patient care to the community.
- Demonstrate financial leadership with an understanding of KPI's, P&L's and a RESULTS focus.
- Self-starter with a willingness to contribute immediately.
- Systematic approach with an ability to leverage technology for practice success.
- High EQ with effective communication skills.
- Encourage growth and development of staff.
- Strong inventory management skills.
- Kind, compassionate, effective – driving results for all the right reasons.
Additional job requirements:
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week (M-F)
- Ability to work in a pet environment that has all species of animals, small and large, and around ever-changing smells, and noises.
- Ability to effectively communicate utilizing Outlook, Microsoft Teams, and telephone.
- Ability to operate Windows-based computers and programs, learn new programs, join, and host online meetings.
We look forward to hearing from you and hope to have you join our team!
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to hazards associated with aggressive patients; hazards associated with infected animals and controlled substances; exposure to unpleasant odors and noises; exposure to bites, scratches, and animal wastes; possible exposure to contagious diseases.
Elko Veterinary Clinic is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the practice to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. The practice will conform to the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. The practice will take action to employ, advance in employment and treat qualified Vietnam era veterans and disabled veterans without discrimination in all employment practices.