Salary depending on experience and part time or full time
DVM or equivalent
There are tons of veterinarian job openings right now. We are all promising a lot of the same things. So why should you pick Open Door Veterinary Care in Asheville, NC? Here's our 10 top reasons:
1. Be at home more than you are at work. Choose between 3.5, 4 or 5 day work week with no long evenings past 6:00pm, no weekends, on call, or emergency hours. We welcome veterinarians with children who may want to work part-time or half days and can create a flexible schedule that allows you to have a career and see your family.
2. Competitive pay, health insurance, vacation, holidays and CE package. We offer between $115-150k to start depending on schedule and experience. We offer 4 weeks vacation and CE package ranging from $2,500-5,000.
3. No non competes or contracts. We want you to be with us because you want to not because you're locked in a contract.
4. Not corporate owned. We are privately owned so you have say in how you practice medicine.
5. No production pressure.You get to have a relationship with your clients without the pressure of upselling products.
6. Ratio of minimum of 3 support staff per veterinarian with 30 minute appointments so your support team handles the details and you focus on the medicine and you all use your skills to the fullest.
7. Focus on patient care and don't worry about financial conversations. Our admin team handles all payment conversations and we offer payment plans, pet savings, and our Stay Together fund where we give $1 from every healthy pet exam fee into a special fund our veterinary team can use to help clients.
8. Mix of a variety of interesting cases.
9. Have all the equipment you need-digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound and more.
10. Opportunities to participate in paid community outreach to help underserved people and pets and know we will never euthanize a pet for economic euthanasia.
We are looking for someone ideally with at least one year of clinic and surgical experience to add to our growing team but are open to everyone.
WHY WE'RE DIFFERENT
We are creating a future where all pets have access to quality, affordable veterinary care. We donate back into our Stay Together Fund which helps those who may need some additional financial assistance in times of a medical emergency.
WHY WE HELP
We promote access to veterinary care for cats and dogs for all residents to decrease the chance of pets not receiving care, being surrendered to an animal shelter, or euthanized when families experience unexpected veterinary medical costs.